Moving personal effects from Canada to the United States


Planning a move from Canada to the United States?

Before you do, you must understand that it requires special expertise, as a result of all regulations in today’s conscious world. Since the last 10 years, a lot of rules have changed for carriers and individuals, from Homeland Security, Canada Border Services and the United States as well.

Moving personal effects from Canada to the USA require strategic planning, experience and knowledge of border regulations that only Export Depot can offer you; and at the best price too!

Export Depot is recognized as true specialist in moving personal effects from Canada to the United States and we will gladly help you along the way. Throughout this process, we will inform you on all required documentation for the borders, how to pack and identify all your belongings, moving with animals, alcohol, cars etc.

Our trained and experienced Moving Consultant will come to your residence, assess your moving needs and go over all options and services with you. We want you to make an informed choice about the company you retain to move all of your belongings to your new home.

How do we, your Montreal cross-border moving partner, ensure your move is easy?

  • We, at Export Depot, understand well that there are numerous complexities involved in moving your personal effects to the USA. Our dedicated teams of cross border specialists have the necessary resources that are required to do the job correctly.
  • This means that we take all the steps necessary to make sure we are in full compliance with all of the regulations.
  • Our cross border moving specialists know what documentation is required and we will do our best to make sure the process is as simple as possible for you.
  • Our professionally trained moving staff will make sure that your possessions are inventoried upon loading and again when they are unloaded.
  • Our movers will also unpack and set up your furniture in your new home. That way all you have to settle in and enjoy.

For Canada-US moving, the following documentation is required, with the exact documentation requirements varying depending on residency status.


 For more information about our services, please contact us at (514) 421-1655 or at
Cross Border Moving- Personal Effects-Moving back to the USA-Customs-United States-Canada-Moving-Packing Personal Effects-Legal knowledge-Regulations-Moving Belongings from Canada to the USA-Border Security-Cross Border Relocation-Moving to the USA-Expertise-Moving Household Goods