[en][/en]Moving To Haiti
Are you considering moving overseas to Haiti ? If so, then there are a number of things that you need to know before you make the move. Moving to another country is nothing like moving within your own country. Chances are you will be coming into contact with different laws, customs, people, and events than you are used to dealing with in your own home country. Here are a few things to remember when you are considering an overseas relocation.
- The most important thing that you can do before you move to another country is research that particular country. There are numerous online resources that can help you understand different cultures, languages, and laws before you ever set foot on foreign soil. If anything could be considered the one step that you simply cannot live without, this is it.
- Make sure to get all of your paperwork in order. This includes the important paperwork such as visas, passports, and legal documents that you might be thinking of, but it also includes the things that you may not think of such as resumes, and a complete work history. You should also consider getting a letter from your local police department stating that you have no criminal records.
- Look into health care options. This is vital to you especially if you will be bringing a family with you or if you have a specific medical condition. You should make sure that the country you move to has adequate medical facilities and that your medical insurance will cover you while you are in that country.
- When moving abroad to Haiti you will need to find a place to live. If this is a short term assignment, then you will need to find a place to rent. If you plan on residing there for a long period of time, then you should consider purchasing property. It is always best to contact a knowledgeable real estate agent before you agree to sign or purchase any piece of property.
- Since technology and electronics are such a large part of our daily lives these days it is vital that you make sure your appliances and electronics will work at your destination. Remember, different parts of the world use different voltages and plug ins, so you should make sure that you have any needed adapters before you make the move.
- Money is going to matter when you take this big of a step. A budget is something that you must make, as it can mean the difference between success and failure in your new home. You should not even consider making the move before you have enough money saved away to take care of three or more months in this new place without a job. You should also get all of your banking matters in order before you go. You will need to access your cash at some point, so make sure that your bank has a branch in your destination country.
- Do you know the laws about cars and driving in this new place? If you will be driving, then you should verify the requirements for a new driver’s license in this new home. If you are bringing your current vehicle with you, then you should consider contacting international moving companies in Haiti that deal with vehicle shipping.
- One of the biggest steps that you can take when moving abroad to Haiti is learning the local language and customs. This will not only help you communicate with those you meet along the way, but it will show the people that you will be living around that you are trying to fit in. This will make the transition to your new home that much easier.
- Don’t forget to take care of the final bills and arrangements in your home country as well. If you will not be returning any time soon, you may want to consider selling your home or hiring someone to rent it out for you. You should also give your forwarding address to any utilities that may need to send you a final bill in the near future.
Moving overseas to Haiti will not be an easy task, as there is so much to remember, but it can be stress free if you plan ahead. It is up to you to plan and budget accordingly so that you will not run into trouble later on in your journey. Despite the difficulties that you may face, this undertaking can still be one of the most educational and fun times of your life. Contact us as soon as possible for your next move to Haiti or fill up our online quotation form.