MOVING TO South Africa
Moving to South Africa? Get your free estimate and customs information when you’re moving to South Africa.
1. Original ocean bill of lading / air waybill. Container Manifest
2. Passport and residence permit
3. Inventory (very detailed)
4. Form P.1.160 & DA304 (in triplicate)
4. Firearms/WeaponS May be imported free of duty but an import permit must be obtained to vessel docking. Form SAP311 must be completed and signed by the importer, and South African Customs will retain and issue a form SAP312 allowing the importer 60 days to license the firearm with the South African customs. Must also be loaded at door of container for easy access.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES / TOBACCO:
May be imported but subject to full duties and taxes. Must also be loaded at door of container for easy access.
Used HHG/PE may be imported duty free into the Republic of South Africa.
Imported duty free if owned and used for at least 1 year prior to entry into South Africa. General sales tax is payable on the resale market value of the vehicle. It is necessary to obtain an import permit from the director of imports, which must be submitted with form DA304A-proof of ownership and proof of purchase.